TAC Minutes 2007-01-03

Minutes - Technical Advisory Committee

2007-01-03
Beth Hynes

Purpose

This document provides notes of the Technical Asssitance Committee meeting held on the date specified above.

Attendees

  • Bednar, Larry
  • Hynes, Beth
  • Poole, Allen
  • Leed, Tim

Minutes

Agenda Items Proposed and accepted:

  • Membership correspondance issues
  • ebase doc report
  • Web site
  • Aspiration conference update
  • Build update 2.20 and 2.8

Discussion - Membership correspondence/list serves(15 min)

  • TAC members want to better understand ebase email list traffic: issues, concerns, questions, complaints, the whole ball of wax.
  • TAC members want more redundancy in list serve skills to spread the load, especially in case of the point persons inability to operate
  • To restate a previous TAC decision: We would prefer that all ebase admin and management email addresses should be forwarded to one list serve that all TAC can subscribe to

Action Item- Beth will contact Bob

Action Item- Allen will setup list serve

Discussion - Web site (10 min)

  • Most issues with imaging problem have been dealt with
  • Now that holidays are over, the web committee needs to meet for big push to get web site ready for grand opening

Action Item- Convene web com soon

Action Item- Tim will write up list from previous web com minutes of what needs to be done

Discussion - ebase manual(15 min)

  • Several action items done: new cover by Tim, edits complete by Beth
  • Several people have offered to help with more incremental changes: Calista Carter and Gary Bogue.
  • There are How To/Best Practices docs on the web site that should be looked over for any changes related to 2.20 and brought over to new site in more organized fashion

Action Item- Beth keep working with new people

Action Item- Allen will send outline on proposed changes to chapter 8: Log Entries

Action Item- Create and post list of How Tos/supplemental docs, look to update for 2.20 version

Discussion - Aspiration conference (10 min)

  • Allen has had conversation with Alan Gunn (Gunner) about the Aspiration conference, end of Feb. – Gunner welcomes ebase to attend and asked what we might want as presence at conference.
  • There are several possibilities for ebase involvement: put up poster, host a lunch table, sit on a panel, etc. Gunner seems open to suggestions.
  • look for recruit new TAC members and/or developers,
  • Priviously, Bob had expressed concerns about some history with Aspiration. Unsure what that entails and how it affects the upcoming conference

Action Item- Bob, please let TAC know specific concerns.

Discussion - build update (5 min)

  • 2.8: Allen more than halfway in re-building find routine for contacts and fixed minor bugs

Discussion - Press release (5 min)

  • See action items!

Action Item- Fill in gaps of press release, Tim & Beth

Action Item- Finish list of general categories of press release audiences

Action Item- Fill in specific names – ask Developers list for help in identifying

Action Items (All Topics)

  • Beth will contact Bob
  • Allen will setup list serve for all ebase.org emails
  • Convene web com soon
  • Beth keep working with new people
  • Allen will send outline on proposed changes to chapter 8 Log Entries
  • Create and post list of How Tos/supplemental docs, look to update for 2.20 version
  • Bob, please let TAC members know specific concerns about Aspiration
  • Fill in gaps of press release, Tim & Beth
  • Finish list of press release audiences and fill in specific names, ask Developers list for help in identifying